Sunday, March 21, 2010

Mwahahahaha

Hmmm... how will people react to my little test.... i won't get one person to volunteer.

Update:
Fear is the lack of understanding of something. For most, it is the wrong information that has been given to them. Also, some fear can be a response to the unknown, where the body is put into the (Fight or Flight) sensation.
What I will do, is formulate a state of heighten wariness with the illusion of the world’s largest spider, Goliath Bird eater Tarantula, which could work without any creative process at all. Just have a cat carrier, and a cloth to cover it so no one can see inside of it.

I will play a video, showing this spider, and how big it can get, all the while, having the cage up in plain sight. After the video is done, I will ask for a volunteer or two.


I honestly don’t expect anyone to volunteer.
It was interesting. Right away when I asked for a volunteer, the only one who stood up was Beth, which was one more than I was expecting. Of course, I motioned to her not to say anything about the fake spider, but she acted like it was cute, which brought up the attention of the Arachnophobia members of our class, and Sandra who was the closest. With two classmates joined in on the viewing, and “awing” of the fake spider, I decided to try to fake out the rest of the class, by letting, Fred, out of his cage.
When thinking of an experiment, don’t just hold off thinking that no one would want to touch the world’s largest spider, even if you hype them up with the lack of visual. Some people would try anything, luckily we have someone like that in our class.
The only change that I would make on this experiment, I would not reveal the spider after the few volunteers saw it. I would leave the rest of the class wondering about it. and them, possibly sometime later in the class, just open the door to his cage, and a little later tell everyone not to worry, but Fred has got out.

No comments:

Post a Comment